These licensing terms are for items sold through webcodesigns.com and through Etsy. If you have purchased my items through Graphic River, FontBundles, Creative Market, or any other marketplace then you are bound by the terms outlined by that company.
Any items purchased from me, under any licensing terms, does not give you any exclusive rights to that item. I will retain copyright and ownership of the design I created.
Personal Use Items
The digital items provided for sale or free on webcodesigns.com which are stated for personal use only are simply that, personal use only. What this means is that you cannot use the item in any way commercially:
- by distributing the item for free/for sale as a digital file
- by distributing the item for free/for sale as a physical product created from the digital file
- by extracting assets used in the digital file and then using those in a commercial way as described in the first two points above
Some of the personal use items that I have created include assets from other designers, and their licensing sometimes prohibits me from licensing my derivative items as commercial use. In this case, even purchasing an extended license would not allow for commercial use of the particular item.
Commercial Use Items
Commercial Use License
All digital items that I provide under a commercial license allow for one user (yourself or one client) to create an unlimited amount of end products (physical or digital) that can then be sold, distributed or given away. Your design must be made up of other elements so that it resembles a new product.
Standard commercial use licensing means:
- you must not distribute the item as is, either by selling/giving away/or sub-licensing
- Any items produced for sale must not directly compete with the item you have received from me. For example, if you purchase one of my graphics and then create a graphic pack which includes my work incorporated in some way, that would then be in competition with my item. Therefore it is not allowed. You can, however, create for example a Birthday Card and sell it as a digital template/printed design.
If anything is not answered in the below FAQ table, please contact me to inquire.
Last updated 16th March 2017.